TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:47:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary in motion

Terrell W. Fritz wrote:

> After reading the comments of John and Ed, perhaps it would be
> worthwhile to do movies of the mis-tuned and no top load cases too.

Yup. I'll get on to these at some point soon.

After a bit of fiddling I came up with a primary for your test coil
which give a k around 0.3, a little over if anything. Made of
constraint of achieving this k while keeping the same primary
inductance, so I can keep Cpri the same too. Had to use a cylinder
primary to do it, and a close one too. Its running through the
machine now...in fact a waveform has just popped out and its
horrendous.  Nothing like a familiar beat.

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/tmp/tplot.4470.out.gif

The normal modes are interesting,

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/tmp/tplot.4513.gif

which shows the current profiles. Note how modes 1 & 2 diverge
near the bottom of the coil due to the heavy coupling. The thing
probably isn't tuned correctly anymore and I need to go back and
re-run it with a slightly different primary C. Meanwhile we have
a mixture of over coupling and bad tuning to look at!

Its getting a bit late here, so I'll tune and movie this coil
tomorrow.

> The raw data (big length vs time numeric array) would be cool
> to have too.

OK, I'll sort that out tomorrow, just need to document the format,
then you can generate your own mpegs as big as you like.

Now I've got this silly idea to run it through the ray tracer...