TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:06:52 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary in motion

Hi Paul,

After reading the comments of John and Ed, perhaps it would be worthwhile
to do movies of the mis-tuned and no top load cases too.  Interesting
John's comments about high field stress areas caused by a sharp point on
the primary.  That makes a lot of sense!

BTW - These movies are super fascinating!!!  I have waited...  longer than
I can remember, to see such data!!!  If you collect a bunch of them and can
burn the "big ones" (too big to post or download reasonably) onto CD ROM
(50meg files are not a problem to down load on the net from my side).  I
can put them on my site and offer to burn copies for anyone who wants them
(hot-streamer has 9 gig free and the computer store has plenty more hard
drives on sale ;-))).  Hot-streamer is doing 2 gigabytes a week these days
so a few hundred more Meg is not a problem...  Or if you can put them up or
FTP them I can grab them (I don't pay by the second :-))  These movies are
historical in Tesla coiling theory and they show the effects so well to
non-technical folks who don't get all the math and computer stuff.  The raw
data (big length vs time numeric array) would be cool to have too.