TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:54:01 +0300
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary in motion

Paul wrote:

> Marco Denicolai wrote:
>
> > Terry (or Paul), would you mind sending me the values of
> > Ces and Les of the coil we are talking about?
>
> For the secondary with primary in place but open circuit, I get
>
>   f1 = 244.5 kHz,
>  Ces = 22.6 pF
>  Les = 18.7 mH
>
> For the primary alone, ie secondary removed altogether, I get
>
>  Lp = 15.6 uH
>  Cp = 27.16 nF
>   f = 244.5 kHz
>
> The above Cp is a little different to Terry's actual 27.7 nF - I
> fiddled my value slightly to set the primary Fres to match the
> secondary.
>
> Now, when the system is put together, I get the main mode frequencies,
>
>  f- = 209.0 kHz
>  f+ = 299.9 kHz
>
> Terry's measured primary values are,
>
>  Lp = 15.575 uH
>  Cp = 27.7 nF
>   f = 242.31 kHz
>
> and for the secondary,
>
>   f1 = 252.91 kHz

And with my maths (classical lumped theory, but using Ces and Les) I
get:

f1 uncoupled (Hz):	244508
f2 uncoupled (Hz):	244819
Tuning ratio:		0.997
f1 coupled (Hz):	210572
f2 coupled (Hz):	303468
Resulting HF beat (Hz):	257020
Resulting LF beat (Hz):	46448

I still can't figure out what that 218 kHz Terry measured is...

Cheers

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769
 DSL Products              mobile: +358 50 353 9468
 Sinikalliontie 7          fax: +358 9 4131 2410
 02630 Espoo  FINLAND      email: marco.denicolai@tellabs.com