TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:05:51 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary in motion

Hi Paul,

For the secondary I get 241.3kHz and the primary really is 219.7.  I was
getting all confused by the large difference and the coils interacting last
night.

The primary (secondary removed) frequency plot is:
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TerryCW/2001-6-1/Tek00000.gif
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TerryCW/2001-6-1/PrimaryOnly.jpg

With both coils installed:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TerryCW/2001-6-1/Tek00001.gif
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TerryCW/2001-6-1/PrimaryAndSecondary.jpg

That gives a primary inductance of 18.945uH.  I think the difference is due
to the fact the primary wiring is rather long going to the primary coil.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TerryCW/2001-6-1/Wires.jpg

The actual coil is probably the right inductance but the added wiring
probably adds the other 3uH.  The old primary is disconnected and makes a
tiny difference but I use the base still since it has all the nice
connections on it.

Hope this clears things up.