TSSP: List Archives

From: stk
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 12:25:54 +0200
Subject: WG: [TSSP] Racing arc clues

Hi Paul, TSSP mailing list members,

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von:	Paul [SMTP:paul@abelian.demon.co.uk]
Gesendet am:	Freitag, 1. Juni 2001 21:04
An:	tssp@abelian.demon.co.uk
Betreff:	Re: [TSSP] Racing arc clues

> There's some well-gathered info on the web site of Stefan Kluge,
> http://www.stefan-kluge.de/
> see especially the four charts at,
> http://hot-streamer.com/stk/tc/sub1.htm#eff
> It's hard to know what to make of these, but the reliance on spark
> length doesn't help - we really need top volts instead.  There are
> obvious patterns beginning to form, but they have quite a large
> deviation. Do they tell us anything about the limits and capabilities
> of the coils themselves, or are the patterns simply a reflection of
> current trends in coil building, I wonder?
> I think we need to take a closer look at Stefan's work - it's the best
> performance survey I've seen so far, I think.

Thanks for the kind words. They motivated me to subscribe and=20
contribute to your project (just kidding, I wanted this for a long time
and this is just the right moment ;-)

I took a look at the cited graph and found that I made an error in=20
calculating the BPS of the 4"-TC in graph 3:

"The data points for the 4"-TC with 31nF are probably wrong in the=20
 BPS. Recent recalculations (see my BIGcoil-page) have shown a BPS=20
 of 1100 for 2600W input power. So this next graph would be far=20
 more consistent. Still have to rearrange the graph this way (if I=20
 ever find the soure...)"

Of course the 635W BPS is also wrong.

Just wanted to mention this in case anyone will use the graph as an
input.

Time to go to bed now,
TTYL, Stefan

PS: If you refer to some pages or grpahs on my website, please use
    the alias like http://www.stefan-kluge.de/sub1.htm#eff because
    the Domain or directory might change (still re-arranging and
    optimizing my website).