TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:38:28 +0300
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Some Considerations

Hi Malcolm,

Malcolm Watts wrote:
>       No formal analysis to my knowledge has ever said anything about
> TC streamer length dependence on breakrate. In fact it has been
> completely ignored in some rather prominent previous analyses which
> suggests that the authors of those analyses weren't even aware of how
> their coils were operating. Some give a set figure of x kV/inch,
> others state bluntly that y feet = 1MV. Some coilers experience
> recognize that there is a power dependence without separating the
> various factors which might be causal. For example, increasing Ep
> with the same topload increases initial Vtop but also causes an
> increase in repetitive power. Others (myself included) have noted
> that putting a much larger topload on a coil but keeping Ep and BPS
> constant have resulted in brighter and longer streamers despite a
> drop in Vtop.

What you wrote above are exactly the reasons why I would like to
investigate on streamer growth. Sadly I won't get to do that right now,
but maybe next winter.

Best Regards

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769
 DSL Products              mobile: +358 50 353 9468
 Sinikalliontie 7          fax: +358 9 4131 2410
 02630 Espoo  FINLAND      email: marco.denicolai@tellabs.com