TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:35:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Toroid breakdown voltage indirect meas.

Malcolm Watts wrote:

> A bit of both. More seems to be the preference though.

Perhaps that is because the top voltage is being more or less
clamped at the breakout threshold.  Further increase of Vpri
is then serving simply to supply more charge, hence generally
more and brighter streamers, rather than longer.  The top volts
measurements, when we can do them, will tell.  If it turns out
to be the case, then we would have confirmation that coil stored
charge is just as important as topload stored charge in determining
streamer capability.