TSSP: List Archives

From: mystuffs@orwell.net (Metlicka Marc)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:56:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Toroid breakdown voltage indirect meas.

malcolm, all
i'm wondering if this effect is something like i see in my video of the
coil running, at the point of safety gap firing?
when the safety gap fires the discharge goes instantly from two or three
strong streamers to very many shorter, very thin, light blueviolet
leaders equally spaced around the horizontal plane of the toroid
accompanied by a large violet "ion cloud".
this only happens right at the point the safety fires and then it is
back to output as usual. i thought this strange because i assumed that
when the safety fired that there would be no energy in the system at
all, but these short thin leaders accompanied by the large violet "glow"
surrounding the toroid seems to say different?
marc