TSSP: List Archives

From: mystuffs@orwell.net (Metlicka Marc)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 01:49:08 -0500
Subject: [TSSP] L measurements

paul,
after working with my meter and new manual for a great deal of time i
now feel that i can be absolutely sure of my readings.
as i mentioned to you, two of the coils i forgot that i had used duct
tape as a winding base so those diameters were wrong in my first set of
coil parameters, i apologize for this. my new, and i am sure accurate
parameters are as follows. (after reading the manual, i found that this
meter gives a much more precise resistance reading) and (i have to
adjust the Q along with the decade LCR dials at very high sensitivity
for accurate L reading)

coil #1
   dia.= 3.565"
   Wound Length= 31.806"
   24g wire
   35.36 ohms
   13.10 mh
   Q = 1.9

coil #2
   dia.= 4.254"
   W.L.= 42.4"
   24g wire
   60.022 ohms
   29.12 mh
   Q = 2.6

coil #3
   dia.= 8.712"
   W.L = 40.54"
   28g wire
   425.8 ohms
   355.5 mh
   Q = 4.9

coil #4
   dia.= 4.480"
   W.L.= 30.38"
   26g wire
   81.02 ohms
   44.65 mh
   Q = 3

again i am sorry for the inaccurate data i had sent in the beginning.
all coil form diameters were made by measuring the total outer diameter
with a large lathe caliper and subtracting the wire thickness, except
for coil #4 witch has a large amount of coating, this coil was measured
on the bare pvc itself.
the diameter of coil # 3 was a true surprise to me, just goes to show
how far off a tape measure can be?
i checked, double checked and checked some more to assure the accuracy
of this data, this time.
a humble,  marc metlicka