TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:41:41 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Toroid breakdown voltage indirect meas.

Marco Denicolai wrote:
Marco,

> - should I set my scope input impedance to 50 ohms (to have a correct
> termination) and then multiply my reading by 2?

Yes, that would be best.  Without the termination, the 4m of coax will
introduce some ringing from about 12Mhz upwards, although I don't think
that would trouble us if you'd rather measure the o/c voltage.

Do a one-off check to see that the output (at, say 65kHz) really does
drop by half when loaded.

That looks like a really good probe - I don't think I'll need to
compensate for the response!

Will you be able to capture the scope trace into a data file?