TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:46:18 +0300
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Thor base current measured

Hi Paul,

Paul wrote:
> Any idea what's causing that heavily damped ringing at around 800kHz at
> the start of the event?  Don't suppose you have a grid-dip oscillator to
> hand?

That ringing must be related with the RSG gap closing. I have an LC
filter between the CCPS and the primary load. That is, I have 500 pF in
parallel between each leg of the RSG and GND, plus a 2-4 mH inductor in
series with each leg of it. I'll check what MicroSim thinks about it.

What would you do with a grid-dip meter?

>    conductor 0.725e-3

I've got 0.75e-3 here. It's a 1.5 mm wire, but you might be right as it
has got a grade 2 coating (it might be thick).

Best Regards

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769
 DSL Products              mobile: +358 50 353 9468
 Sinikalliontie 7          fax: +358 9 4131 2410
 02630 Espoo  FINLAND      email: marco.denicolai@tellabs.com