TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:39:49 +0300
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Thor base current measured

Paul wrote:
> As you can see, we now have roughly the right phase of mode 3 in this
> notch, so this is very encouraging.

The match is pretty good indeed!

> On the whole, the measured amplitude seems to be a little higher than
> predicted, but then maybe you had slightly more than 14kV on the
> primary cap?

Correct. All my voltage setpoints are probably slightly lower than the
real values achieved. That is due to the tradeoff (used in the CCPS
PROBE measuring module) between slew rate and bandwidth. There, I had to
limit the bandwidth to avoid too much noise in the measuremnt. As a
result, the PROBE module is a little "late" following the capacitor
charging ramp.

Another source of inaccuracy can be calculated roughly as follows. To
charge (linearly) a capacitor to 20 kV in 1 ms, having a pulse frequency
of 100 kHz (as I have), each charging pulse must account for 20000/(10-3
* 100000) = 200 V. That is, roughly, the inherent setpoint inaccuracy.

Best Regards

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769
 DSL Products              mobile: +358 50 353 9468
 Sinikalliontie 7          fax: +358 9 4131 2410
 02630 Espoo  FINLAND      email: marco.denicolai@tellabs.com