TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:16:52 +0200
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Ion Cloud Loading

Hello all,

I could surely do that in the HV laboratory, but not right now. Thor's
power supply is experiencing a general upgrade and I think it will take
2-3 months before it is again up and running. They have got every sort
of HV generator there :)

Regards

Malcolm Watts wrote:

> Hello all,
>            For a long time now, many have suggested that an ion cloud
> hanging around the secondary terminal necessitates detuning the
> primary downward somewhat to compensate. I have long doubted this
> mantra (without proof) but have devised a relatively simple test that
> could be performed to establish where the truth lies. My doubt arises
> as I think that any detuning of the secondary can be explained (I
> think) by capacitance (and resistance) added visible streamer length
> alone.
>        The test does not involve spark production (important).
> Instead, one uses the usual setup of a signal generator and aerial
> probe to monitor the secondary ringing alone, and then introduce an
> ion cloud around the terminal using some other devices (like ozone
> generators. UV generators etc. Any significant shift in secondary
> frequency should be quite observable.
>        I think this is an appropriate forum to check this out and add
> to the knowledge base. Is anyone equipped to easily do this test?
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs