TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:09:12 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Progress on capacitance program

Hi Terry,

Yes, I'm very pleased with this, the 3rd major incarnation of
the  capacitance program.  Still a long way to go though.

> If your program can put out an X vs. Y grid file that
> could be plotted as a contour plot

That wouldn't be much trouble.  It could be made to read in
the steady state voltage profile, compute the charge
distribution, and then plot a chart.

Hmm, wonder about a movie...

On a related subject, I thought I might add a B field plot option
to acmi.  Extending the coil description syntax to include an
expression for the current profile would allow realistic modeling
of both the field, and the effective AC inductances and k factors.