TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:14:53 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Ion Cloud Loading

Hi Greg,

One could always false streamer load a cold coil.  Just bend a piece of
wire in the shape of a streamer and hook it to the top terminal to see how
much the "wire streamer" changes the tuning.  The wire should have very
comparable added capacitance effects to those of a real streamer.  This may
be a way of predicting streamer loading for coil testing or tuning if one
were really that concerned.  One may be able to add say 220000 ohms of
resistance to ground to simulate the drop in Q of the coil too (maybe add
the resistance at the coil's base).  Perhaps a  simulated streamer load
bent out of piano wire would be a useful test tool to have around...