TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:09:48 -0700
Subject: Re: Ready :-)) - Re: [TSSP] short H/D and stuff

Hi Paul,

At 01:02 AM 3/29/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Terry wrote:
>
>> Gcc is certainly available for Sun (solaris) along with probably all the
>> other UNIX toys:
>>
>> http://www.sunfreeware.com/
>
>Just a question of whether it is already installed.  No matter, the
>native compiler will probably do fine.  I haven't done anything too
>fancy with the code.

I don't think it is.  But not problem at all to get it there.  I don't think
the "freeware" C stuff is 64 bit but maybe it is now...  If it is running true
64 bit stuff, the Sun Blade 100 is brutally powerful!!

>> It is connected to the net but I just have to figure how to turn
>> all the FTP and telnet stuff on.
>
>Well if you can get a secure connection to the net, I can log in
>and fix any problems.  Means I can also setup some scripts to
>process Q variation results as they come in.

It was connected to the net for a long time and apparently it has had many odd
users that I never expected :o)))  The OS is probably all hacked now.  I
learned to format the hard drive and reload all the OS due to goofs on my
part.  "secure" is just a dream.  It would be fun to get it accessible by you.
It has like 99.9999% free time...  I wish I had more time to play with this
cool toy!  It is all isolated from the other PCs since it is a hacker's
playground :o))

I try to get it going and maybe load the latest and greatest OS version and
such.  You would be totally free to play with it all you want!  I need to move
it to the other room...   I'll work on it.

>> I ordered up that software.  Looks like a real nice addition to my new
>> RS-232 card :-)
>
>Well all it has to do is grab the trace and save it somewhere that
>tcma can get at.  Then all you need is a script that waits for
>a file to arrive, gets the latest weather data, runs tcma, and
>constructs a composite record to append to a CSV file.

Yep, it can also do all kinds of other stuff too.  A generally great utility
for the new card :-))

>> Ok,  I'll just make a directory that will appear as:
>>
>> http://hot-streamer.com/tssp/
>
>Great.  I want to make up a web page about tcma, and another about the
>current profile experiments.  It would be nice if you have a page
>describing the experiment that I could link to.  I'm getting near
>filespace capacity on my site so it's better for me to link to your
>pics and pages.  Do you want to move your voltage profile stuff
>into http://hot-streamer.com/tssp/? If so let me know the new URLs.

Done!

http://hot-streamer.com/tssp/

I have 20GIG (!) of hard drive space spinning at 7200 RPM 24-7 that is
completely empty at hot-streamer...  If you need web space, I have plenty ;-))
The price is right too ;-))

http://hot-streamer.com/hot-streamer.htm