TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:26:13 +0200
Subject: [TSSP] H/D stuff?

Hello there,

I have been following the "H/D stuff" thread for a while now, but I must
confess I have lost the point.
Terry and Paul, would you please spend a few lines explaining to me:

1. Precisely, how this new measurement of a coil Q is practically
conducted (setup, jumpers, etc.)?
2. What are its advantages?
3. How is it that each mode frequency has got a Q factor of its own?
4. What are we aiming at: a refined mode frequency prediction, a more
accurate Q prediction, a way of accounting for coil support
capacitance,...?

I am sorry I can't contribute right now to the experiments, but I would
like at least to "stay tuned".

Best Regards
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs