TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:37:37 +0100
Subject: [TSSP] qvar expt4

Terry wrote:

> I see we have some dips in the qvar data charts that seem to
> correspond to dew point:
>
> http://jack.atmos.colostate.edu/Plots.html
>
> http://hot-streamer.com/bob/qvar/results/expt4/index.html

Yeah.  We see a big q1 dropout coinciding perfectly with the
temperature falling to the dew point.  Neat - shows up well
against the CSU dew point data, can we get that signal in the
ccc.atmos.colostate.edu database, I'll have to go check.

Up till then, q1 was very steady, hardly even varying with
temperature.  Have you had any rainfall since the expt started?

> Dew may actually be worse that rain since dew collects
> everywhere while rain only runs off the roof.

Hey, good point.  All those extra vertical and sheltered surfaces.

> The recent bip dips were with relatively nice weather. It is nice
> and sunny this morning but we still see a pretty big dip!
>
> The experiments is running perfectly these days. The drop on the
> morning of the 28th was my error so we have run almost three days
> without any odd problems :-)

Can I take it that the q1 dropout that we see the start and end of
was real, but the loss of data during the night was the breakdown?
I'd got to thinking that the q went so low it might have killed
the pinger again.

And q3 continues happily to do its weird routine, all by itself.