TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 19:09:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary voltage stress factor

boris petkovic wrote:

> Interesting:Vtop in case k=0.2 reaches somewhat higher
> peak for -10% detune than in resonance(F1).
> This is strange...

Yes, you're right.  I detuned by increasing Cpri by
20%, therefore 20% more bang energy.  Perhaps I should have
tuned by adjusting the tap, but I wanted a constant k.

> I didn't notice any serious increase
> in max dV/dx.Matter of fact seems there's decrease for
> +10% images.

Yes, same cause - 20% reduced bang energy.  I suppose I
should recompute using a constant bang energy, by allowing
Vpri to vary to compensate the change in Cpri.

> Does Terry has racing spark problems when runing his
> TC detuned near k=0.2?

I don't think he runs it that high? I'd like to do these
models for a coil know to exhibit the problem.

> Detunig and k=0.1 situations are not worth discussion
> unless detuning is so heavy that gets close to F3.

Agreed.  Should I do models for +/-20%, +/-50%, etc?