TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 10:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary voltage stress factor

> > I've run some models of a range of coils, 7 done
> so far with
> > 2 more to do.  New web page for these...
> >
> >  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn040502/
> >
> > Nice new animations, hope they view ok.

Hi Paul,

My first comments.
Interesting:Vtop in case k=0.2 reaches somewhat higher
peak for -10% detune than in resonance(F1).
This is strange if one have in mind these are
simulation taking in consideration primary losses ,and
 "arc" spends more time oscillating before voltage on
secodary got its peak + situation is not resonant.

At first glance,I didn't notice any serious increase
in max dV/dx.Matter of fact seems there's decrease for
+10% images.
Does Terry has racing spark problems when runing his
TC detuned near k=0.2?
Detunig and k=0.1 situations are not worth discussion
unless detuning is so heavy that gets close to F3.

It would be usefull to collect as much data for coils
that experince racing sparks discarges,when top toroid
is under no breakout condition.

Cheers,
Boris

http://health.yahoo.com