TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 08:12:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Experiment 7

Terry wrote:

> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/P5050024.jpg
> http://hot-streamer.com/bob/qvar/results/expt7/index.html

Already it's doing something odd, with q5 trending in the
opposite direction to the others.  I love it!  My mind keeps
drifting to a line of thought which revolves around the
question: can a TC secondary supply useful information about
its surroundings by virtue of its spatially distributed
resonance at multiple frequencies. If so, what are the
applications, eg, could a resonating solenoid lowered down a
borehole return data on the surround rock, etc?

In another thread, Malcolm wrote:

> On the q3 problem: To resolve this may require similar
> measurements  with a quite dissimilar resonator. There
> may be a parasitic resonator lurking somewhere in the vicinity
> which happens to be just right.

We tried two coils, although they were similar. Both exhibited
the q3 drops.  Another coil in the area was removed to avoid
spurious coupling.  Perhaps there is another resonanced formed
somewhere, eg the TV antenna downlead, a loop in the ring main,
etc.

> Does q3 itself seem abnormal with regard to expectation?

Seems normal enough in other respects.