TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:07:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary voltage stress factor

Hi All,

Paul wrote:
> With or without that extra 1/4" of secondary
> winding, the
> coupling is still pretty 'smooth'.  Why should the
> bottom of
> the coil be clobbered like this?  The most stressed
> part of
> the coil occurs quite a bit higher up.
>
> I'll throw another suggestion into the pot.  At some
> high
> frequency the primary will be in half-wave
> resonance, grounded
> at both ends.  Perhaps this or similar resonance is
> excited by
> the primary arc and couples HF energy into the part
> of the
> secondary close to the primary.
---
Maybe  high Mhz EM bursts at the begging of primary
conductive state could couple locally some energy and
induce enough of E-field in the very bottom of the
secondary?
Take a look at THOR primary current msm at :
  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/md110701

> Q: Do racing arcs ever occur on the third coil of a
> base-driven
>    magnifier?
---
I wouldn't know ,but there are people on this list
that have built few mag systems.I think they  have
been more concerned with problem how to prevent
flashover between first and second coil.
Tesla reported he had occasionall flashovers (not
exactly racing sparks) between extra coil turns when
he used highest Eps in conection with detunung.

regards,
Boris

http://shopping.yahoo.com