TSSP: List Archives

From: marc metlicka
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 06:19:19 -0400
Subject: [TSSP] 3k coil pri. topload info

Hi Paul,
Here is some data on my 3000 turn coils primary and toroid.
 The primary is made of a measured .126" soft copper tubing, the average
spacing is .3518" averaged over 40 measurements and it is very uniform.
The ID is 12 14", the OD 34 34" average.
measurements of total coil are .3725mh with a series Q of 8.5
Ls =.3725mh
Rs Ac = .275Kohm or 275 ohm @ 1khz
Rs Dc = .167 ohms

Tubing is spaced .405" above the masonite former.

Topload toroid is a fairly smooth 6.5" aluminum ducting with a total
diameter of 30.5" so 6.5" x 30.5"
I tried measuring capacitance of it but i came up with 29.6pf, wintesla
says  33.01pf for it?

If there is anything else we need, let me know Paul, ok?
Take care,
Marc