TSSP: List Archives

From: marc metlicka
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 08:06:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [TSSP] 3k coil pri. topload info

Paul wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> I see you're an early riser on a Saturday!

yep!

 Thanks for the data,

> > If there is anything else we need, let me know Paul,
>
> Just an estimate of the firing voltage or bang energy, your primary
> cap size, and the primary tapping point.

24kv with 33936v p-p, cap is a 52nf, it generally taps at 23.8 to 24.1.
Very tight tapping range on this coil.
It could actually use more topC (gets multiple 80 - 90"ers), but i have
to add some turns to the primary.

> > Tubing is spaced .405" above the masonite former.
>
> Does that mean the primary is .405" above the bottom of the
> secondary?

no, just above the flat board i wound it on. I usually run the bottom
turn of the secondary flush with the primary windings.