TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:03:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Racing arcs

Paul wrote:
> I thought I'd start this seperate thread on racing
> arcs, as it
> diverges from the stress factor and topload breakout
> threads.
---
Agree

---

--
I noticed that few days ago in my post (but without
reaction then).At 2 Mhz and more racing sparks will
hardly be instantly ignited,but there could be
invisible corona flashes ignitions (cold compared to
TC discharges).In subsequent BPS operation charge may
be built substantialy,traveling upwards increasing by
its cloud E-field or cause in worst cases arc from
primary to secondary.
Too bad we cannot trust the model in higher Mhz range
(various reasons) ,but you can simulate what 5 Mhz
current cycle put in bottom of coil does
(unfortunatelly just like frequency you should guess
amplitude too).Dampings of various wave modes makes
this issue even more problematic to see what actual
max gradients we get.
One more potential candidate mechanism ,apart from all
mentioned so far,is found.
I can propose ,how eventully to guess ballpark of the
worst possible scenario.

regards,
Boris

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience