TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:19:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

Looks like my calculation of surface potential gradients
could be low by a factor of two.  I've just run the program
for a sphere and the result is half what we'd expect. That
means that the surface field strengths calculated so far would
need to be doubled.  I think that by mistake I've got half the
charge on the inside surface, which is wrong of course - it
should all be on the outside.  That doubles the field.

That puts Bart's coil at 550kV giving 0.052 * 550 = 29kV/cm
at the surface.  That would be more like it.

Too tired to figure this all out tonight, but I'll work on
it again tomorrow and recalculate the position.

Sorry all for the confusion.