TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:33:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

Hi All,

I've updated

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/cmod/

Contains results for John's coil with the larger toroid (jftt42b)
and for Bart's modified coil.

I've added fields to show the topload charge surplus and the
estimated total streamer length.  I think you'll find these quite
interesting.

The four coils on the left fit the expected pattern, and the
estimated total amount of streamers comes out about right.

I suspect that in some cases the model isn't getting the tuning
quite the same as the real coil.  For example, Bart's coil must
be more closely tuned than the model suggests, in order to account
for the copious breakout.  The secondary Fres appears to be a long
way out from the model.

I could do to clarify/confirm the dimensions of all the primary coils,
particularly the total number of turns, the inner diameter, and the
overall outer diameter.  Also the tapping points.  If you can supply
inductance measurements with the given tap, even better.

Secondary Fres measurements would also be very useful, with
everything in position but the primary gap open.