TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Racing arcs

Paul,

> Results for k=0.20 at +20% and +50% primary tuning
> are
> posted up to
>
>  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn040502/
>
> and I'm setting up the run now for the primary at
> -20%,
> -40%, and -60%, all at k=0.2

Great!
First glance inspection and already
:surprise,surprise!
Pay atention to that +50% detuning anim.gif.
"wilderness" :down-first 20% of coil lenght (base
area) has about same voltage gradient like those when
the thing is in a clear tune.If you have in mind that
such voltage last longer than in resonant mode it's
not odd that prim-secondary flashover can  occur.
Terry ,if I remember you mentioned one local coiler of
yours had flashover accidents with that type of
setting? Termed that like sort of "transformer"
action?
Well,call it the way you want but I'm going to call
it:"Potato action" (according to nice voltage curve
profile).
Ehh..wild thing,you make my hart sing.

Cheers,
Boris