TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 02:01:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Racing arcs

Malcolm,John,Marc,Paul,all,

It's a little bit awkward but I have to ask this in
this moment.
Forget for a second all the speculations about
influence of dielectric memory,type and geometry of
coatings,or the latest suggestions on Mhz bursts
relations with racing sparks...
I'm not sure wether Malcolm,in betweenlines,described
the situation I'm focused to in this post..thereby
I'll descibe carefully what I mean :
Has anyone witnessed or know of the following case:

A coil with a smooth toroid on,roc. big enough to
prevent corona discharge even under full power
(largest Ep) of system on.Racing arcs,or any type of
visible discharge at all,do NOT occur when system is
in tune (ie. Fprimary=Fsecondaary) ,BUT racing sparks
DO occur when:

a)Fprimary>Fsecondary
    OR
b)FprimaryMaintainer Paul Nicholson, paul@abelian.demon.co.uk.