TSSP: List Archives

From: FutureT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:12:50 EDT
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

>It would be interesting if Bart would run his coil at a lower power,
>so that it barely breaks out and gives just one streamer, then tune to make
that
>streamer as long as possible, then see if it "scales" with my
>TT-42;  same freq offset, same ratio of top volts to toroid breakout voltage
>stress, etc.  This may be especially meaningful if he is also
>using 120 bps, as I am.

John

I forgot to mention, if Bart's coil has a larger secondary, proportionally
speaking, then the needed freq tuning offset would be less than for
my coil, I guess, so that would need to be taken into account.  Also,
the spark length should be proportional also, or should be taken into
account.

John