TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 15:57:49 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary voltage stress factor

Paul,

Paul wrote:

> Q to all: Do racing arcs tend to occur before topload breakout,
> as the power is turned up, or do they appear at the same time?
> I think I may have asked this before, perhaps someone could
> remind me?

In my experience, breakout has occured first. As the power was
increased, racing arcs started.

> And concerning strikes that hit the secondary, do these occur
> only when the top is breaking out?

Ive had this happen (although it's been a few years). Sparks were
breaking out and a few strikes curved back to the secondary (1/4 down
from top) shorting a couple turns. I presumed this was due to running
out of tune at the time.

Bart