TSSP: List Archives

From: FutureT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:45:16 EDT
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

--part1_73.1fc8c40a.2a16c5dc_boundary

In a message dated 5/17/02 4:27:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
petkovic7@yahoo.com writes:

Boris,

That seems like a good idea.  I have noticed that some
of my resonant systems begin to fire at a somewhat low
breakrate at low variac settings for the reason you mention.
I've never actually deliberately exploited the technique, but
it may be worth a try.  By holding the gap somewhat narrow,
it should protect the NST from failure.  I also have other more
robust transformers which could be set up for such a mode
of operation.

Thanks,
John