TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

Hi Paul,

> Brilliant stuff - that's a great test and it
> certainly moves us on a
> bit.
---
Definitely agree.Seems that sphere measuring gap old
methods are still reliable for some hv msms!
---
 Looks like you were burning the midnight oil
> there!
---
This must be some expression.Will check it out in a
glossary for its meaning.
---
Paul wrote:
> so I'm wondering if the initial 24.5kV is enough to
> start a small amount
> of breakout, which adds a little to the Ctop, which
> brings the secondary
> down a little into better tune, therefore more Vtop,
> more breakout, etc,
> and so on
---
Hmm, ..climbing a Mount Everest and firing coil there
with 24.5 kV/cm on would surely be helpfull to start
streamer dance.But remember that 26kV/cm is the lowest
field requirement for hf in normal atmospheric
conditions.
Who knows,maybe small irregularity of toroid geometry
or small discrepacy in the simulator and we can easily
get 1.5 kv/cm needed for breakout.
---

> few consecutive bangs, or perhaps within one beat?

---
Thought of relation of breakout in streamer->leader
fashion with BPS is a good one.
I know one example S.Garray 5 BPS coil with 12 cm
diameter smooth ball on top.I "know" that field on
ball must have been exceeding 30 kV/cm but one have
never been able to see visible discharge from top
unless discharging point has been placed on top.Coil
was resonating around 300 khz.

Cheers,
Boris

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience