TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:56:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

Hi John,

  I've never tried this single-shot
> type operation in
> any of my coils.  Since single shot operation often
> gives a great
> number of small streamers, these extra streamers
> must somehow
> die away with subsequent bangs.
---
Do you use resonant primary cap in some of your NST
powered coils?
I'm not expert in NSTs,but if they allow charging Q=30
or more you can easily set your coil (actually with
static gap employment) to run in a "very" low BPS mode
if cap is mains resonant.
If this could be done (I wouldn't know since I dunno
of NST construction) then setting NST primary voltage
to only 5 V or so can allow  charging tru many
subsequent cycles on secondary side cap- fireing near
peak of final Q raised voltage will give low BPS.

Maybe this is a bad idea,could beadly affect NST but
this is just my thinking out'loud.

regards,
Boris

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience