TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:14:46 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

Boris wrote:

> is (intentionally?)  error introduced in analysis above...
> .. you'll get detuning about 10 % the best

Agreed, I was just trying to get a feel for the maximum
conceivable detuning.

> E-field probes with a minimum capacitive loading
> should be placed on surface of toroid.

We can get away with that if they're right up close to the
topload.

> Experiment shown it turned out very little shift was present?

If so, then perhaps the only purpose of the offset tunings that
we're seeing is to reduce the energy delivered to the secondary.
This and the other good points that you raise are some of the
things that we can observe once we can get at the topvolts.

> That would help I assume if secondary and toroid are
> big enough (Thor would serve excellent for performing
> such msms).

Yes, I always say the bigger the better for measurements.

> (before I return back to mountains)

Sounds nice!  See you when you get back.