TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:18:05 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Racing arcs (multiple ring idea)

--Boundary_(ID_Nl8pu4gTvvE1mrpkMoTwZg)

Hi John,

FutureT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/21/02 5:43:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> tesla123@pacbell.net writes:
>
> Bart, all,
>
> I wonder if it would have helped if the wire spiraled up to the
> toroid,
> instead of going straight up?

Yep, that might of helped. But I could tell the coupling was getting
tight for the coil and that I would most likely need to pull the toroid
down a couple inches for high power runs. I immediately thought of the
corona ring because it was available. I may still remove the corona ring
and lower the toroid a little in the future after I add end caps to the
coil to make a variable toroid support fixture.

The idea that the secondary may simply be breaking out early has been in
my mind for some time. When Paul discussed it a little, I thought of one
of Tesla's later patents about ROC on apparatus. Also, Paul talked about
how my coil and Marcs have considerable stress at the top. Thus, the
corona ring fit the bill to relieve the stress at the top which might
promote early breakout. Lowering the toroid should produce similar
results.

Take care,
Bart

FutureT@aol.com wrote:

[...]

Bart --Boundary_(ID_Nl8pu4gTvvE1mrpkMoTwZg)--