TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:35:41 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

Hi Paul,

Paul wrote:

> Bart, can you clarify the ID of the primary?  You gave the
> first measurement as
>
> > Turn      O.D.   LuH
> > 1      11.375      3
>
> so I guess the start of that first turn is about 10.5/2" radius
> from the center of the coil.  If I use this value then your
> measured inductances compare well with acmi.

The start of the first turn from the center is 10.44/2", so yes you've
got it. What I did previously was take a center-center measurement from
the start diametrically across (when I should have referenced the turn
just behind the start, which is where the corrected 11.375" ID comes
from).

Take care,
Bart