TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:42:06 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Topload breakout potentials

--Boundary_(ID_jKtRJmSTk8zvteV79KUfpA)

Hi John,

FutureT@aol.com wrote:

> It would be interesting if Bart would run his coil at a lower power,
> so that he gets just one streamer, then tune to make that
> streamer as long as possible, then see if it "scales" with my
> TT-42;  same freq offset, same ratio of top volts to toroid breakout
> voltage
> stress, etc.  This may be especially meaningful if he is also
> using 120 bps, as I am.

Yes, I'll do this and at 120 bps.

> I wonder if I'd see much difference if I tune at 1/2 turn intervals,
> instead of only at 1 turn intervals as I'm presently doing?

You may or may not. It's a 50-50 shot, but it would be good to know for
sure.
John, regarding your measurements for examining how fast the gap
quenched, what method did you use to scope this out? Off tssp may be
appropriate as it's a side question.

Take care,
Bart

Bart --Boundary_(ID_jKtRJmSTk8zvteV79KUfpA)-- --------------DE9ABAF7578E624AEB7CF75F--