TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 19:30:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Re: Top V Probe Design

Hi,

I just high bid a Jennings JP-325  60kV high voltage probe off Ebay for $58
 :-))  That is about 1/20th the new price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=17353
44104

"gataibo" tried to get it back with only 7 seconds to go but he didn't bid
enough.  I should have waited till the last seconds too but I was afraid I
would mess up, so I gave myself more time.  Cost me another $12 as gataibo
tried to get it back...  He never had a chance since my top bid was $158 :o)))

So I will be able to get a first hand look at the fabulous Jennings vacuum
high voltage probe.  This is the "daddy" for these high voltage C1/(C1+C2)
high voltage probes.  They are all based of this classic design by Joe
Jennings.  I'll report back on it's secrets ;-))  Be interesting to see how
they do the capacitance calibration and shield structure...