TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:03:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Base Current Measurements

Hi Terry,

Ok, thanks. Right now I'm trying to familiarize my pulse capturing abilities.
This is one of those scopes where your arm it, set the trigger, V/div, etc..
through trial and error. It captures fine, however once it's captured, I can't
seem to manipulate the waveform except x10 viewing and horizontal positioning.
Basically, whatever you set it at is what your going to view. I'm starting with a
low voltage. Assuming I had my scope voltage calibrated (I'll have to recheck
this tomorrow night after work), I was on 2V/div and captured a waveform peaking
right on 1 div. So that should be a 2V signal x 2 (terminator) is 4V or 4amps? I
was getting some pretty good spikes (positive going spikes) and had to set the
V/div down to grab everything on the scope. I'm definately seeing the base
current on each break (running 240bps). I think I'm going to have to continue
toying with the scope until I can find the best method and range. I may have to
bring a scope home from work to get more control of the waveform. Lots of fun!

Take care,
Bart