TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:00:13 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Re: Top V Probe Design

Hi,

I got the plastic stuff for the probe and I hope to get started tonight.  Been
sort of lazy lately :o))

I am going to run the probe coil (it needs a name) through fiber optics till I
am sure it is safe for direct connection.  Protection circuits and the 5100
probe are pretty safe too but the 5100 is like $300 and it protects by melting
itself down if all else fails (guess how I know this - No problem, it was
work's probe :o))).  Best not to risk that right now.

Bert's data is great!  We used to test transformer oil at the power company and
the test equipment is trivial to make up.  I should probably test the oil.  I
have my new hand held wand to test under RF conditions too.  Be interesting to
see if there is a difference between DC and RF.  I could probably also use the
CW coil for real sine wave high voltage if I am carful not to detune it.

So hope to make progress ASAP.