TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco Denicolai
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:08:23 +0300
Subject: [TSSP] Article on Tesla coil performance

Hello all,

An article I wrote has been accepted and is scheduled for publication on
Review of Scientic Instruments, Vol. 73, No 9, September 2002. It is
named "Optimal performance for Tesla transformers" and presents a
mathematical view of the process of changing L1, L2, C1 and C2 in order
to achieve the best performance. It is based on several "classical"
references, on my thesis and on Antonio's material too.

I'm not mailing this to you to get more "shine". On the contrary, I
would like to say a couple (3-4 ?) of things.

1. I wrote the article only because my professor from the Helsinki
University pressed for it (to get the department name on the print, you
know...). I feel a little like a hore, producing paper material to be
allowed to go on with Thor's business...

2. I feel a little bit ashamed because there are people like Paul,
Malcolm, Terry, Antonio, and many others that have been doing enormously
more thinking/working/acting on these matters than me. They would merit
many times more than me to get their name on that paper. I made sure to
mention all material used from Antonio's web site and publications. I
also hope it is clear from the article that it was not my own research.
I just put together other's work results and drawn / wrote down the
conclusions.

3. I just wanted to be the first telling this to you to make clear the
two above issues, before someone starts thinking I tried to divert
someone else's glory on me.

Let me know if you have a different point of view on these matters,
please :)

At this link

http://ojps.aip.org/servlet/HelpSystem?KEY=RSINAK&TYPE=HELP/AIPPOSTING

you can find the (very short) "Web posting guidelines" for authors. I
understand it so that I can put the PDF article (or a draft of it) on my
Web page, if I include the required copyright notice. I think that means
I can also email the same file to who I like if I include in my email
the same notice.
Please, could some of you (english mothertongue) check that page? Did I
get it right? If the answer is yes I could, of course, put that article
on my web for downloading.

Best Regards
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs