TSSP: List Archives

From: Greg Leyh
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 02:53:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Happy Birthday!

At 12:57 PM 5/17/2002, Paul wrote:
>The project is 2 years old this month!
[snip]
>Along the way, we have also dispelled a few common myths, and
>perhaps shown that a scientific approach using modern tools and
>well established physics bears more fruit than the endless
>biblical study of documents such as the CSN.  Problems with
>pseudoscience continue to dog the field, and the only real way to
>combat this is to ensure the ready availability of good reliable
>information.
>
>Overall, the project doesn't seem to have made much impression on
>the coiling community.  There are virtually no links to the project
>from the web, although the site does get a hundred or so visits
>on a good day.

Congratulations Paul, All, on developing such a vast,
solid and comprehensive analysis of the inner workings
of the secondary resonator...  Who would've imagined
that there could be so many intricacies to a simple,
single-layer, cylindrical solenoid?  The TC is truly
the 'chaotic pendulum' of the EM world.

The realm of popular coil design had been depressingly
cut-and-try, until the TSSP came along.  I'm just now
trying to get back up to speed on everything that you
all have been working on, as evidenced by my delayed
reply here.   Wow...

I'm sorry for having been such a lurker all this time,
as I've been engaging in the totally life-destroying act
of constructing a house for the last couple of years.
I've been out of the loop now for about as long as the
TSSP has been around in operation.

>I also want to try to make more of an effort to raise the profile of
>the project within the TC community, both on pupman and beyond,
>in order to reach more coilers and to encourage more substantive
>criticism.  I think we've done enough work now to justify a more
>confident dissemination of our results.

I'll put a TSSP link on the LOD page, once I set up
my page making software at home again. It appears that
the LOD site hasn't been updated in a *long* time, perhaps
a year or two.  There appears to still be about 400 to
600 hits per day there, anyway.

>I'm open to suggestions as to what to do for a celebration.

A party, located at the geographical centroid of
everyone on the TSSP list?  With weighting given
to the number of list contributions, I hope that
centroid is on dry land, somewhere...
There really should be something for the 3rd TSSP
birthday however, being divisible by three and all
that [ala N. Tesla].

-GL