TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:31:30 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

I went back in with the plane wave antenna and caught one of the Big Ball arcs:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PaulArc/020913/Tek00005.gif

Much different than:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PaulArc/020913/Tek00004.gif

I suspect the fiber optic transmitter just saturated it all into a blob.  Time
for the 0.1 ohm resistor...

I took this shot at the same input level with no breakout:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PaulArc/020913/Tek00006.gif

Here is one with breakout:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PaulArc/020913/Tek00007.gif

You can see how the single pulse drained energy from the system.  If one where
clever, one could find how much energy ;-))

The base current (blue) is 1 amp = 1 volt but I have no cal for the secondary
voltage shown in yellow here.  If we can estimate it, we know the arc energy.
I should take a picture of the arc too.  I don't even know what it looks like.
I just watch the scope ;-))