TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:10:42 -0600
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

Hi All,

I think much of the top terminal current probe data is false noise.  Base
current is rock solid, but I can get many of the same signals from the top
probe with the fiber optic cable disconnected :-((

I have to have the scope on such a sensitive range with the 0.1 ohm resistor
that it much be picking up stray noise.  I'll have to play with it more...  The
streamers may be putting out noise up into the GHz range...  I'll have to
either get rid of the noise are amplify the signals beyond it, which looses
bandwidth.

So don't read too much into the top terminal current data...

In other news, the breakout voltage seems "up" today.  More like 260 VDC in for
the big sphere.  The longer it runs, the higher the voltage seems to get.  I
think it may be dust blowing off the ball...  I wiped off the ball which also
changed things a bit.

So, finding lots of odd variables today that need to be controlled...