TSSP: List Archives

From: marc metlicka
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:50:13 -0400
Subject: [TSSP] TOPV breakout threashoul

--------------EF068BAEF34A941A077985B7

I'm reposting this to the tssp, i know you have to remember these
comments i made in the spring?
 I'm not trying to make enemies, but since "renowned coilers" have
jumped on the wagon for the glory (which you spread pretty thick
sometimes to the "name" coilers that i sometime think hinder advancement
other then advance the good new theories.
 I just notice my comments are ignored until a time pass, and then they
resurface by others with much fanfare? very disconcerting in that when
we had only 8 coilers trying to help with gathering data, all were
credited for there help.
Maybe I'm whining, but i've always hated a "kiss ass" and a "credit
grabber".
Many things i have discovered in the interim, but what's the point in
sharing? still no replies to my early work with bulb glass as a constant
breakout voltage test bed?
 Yet terry will mention it in a month or so and he will become the hero,
I've decided to copy my early posts on these subjects and just paste
them to posts that feel it is a new discovery.

Take care Paul,
Always a friend to you.
Marc

Hi Terry, list
 This type of a set-up is what i was using when i was trying to find the
"breakout threshold" voltage for the TSSP a while back Maybe you
remember my comments on the project discussion groups mail?
 Anyway, I found that even though the different coils or configs
caused wildly different needs from the line PSU, there seemed to be
a steady topload voltage that it took to breach the glass of the 1000
watt incandescent i was using?
 With each different set-up, or coil, the plasma within the glass
envelope would vary intensely, but it seemed to me that the point where
the discharge would breakthrough the glass was some kind of constant?
 This didn't seem effected by frequency, It didn't seem effected by any
outer field density from different sized coiltoploads, but each
different set-up or coil would need a different input voltage from the
variac to get ac breakthrough discharge (always the same PSU) This is
why i'm thinking that the voltage to get breakout from the glass might
be even. Maybe now that a topV probe has been found, this could be
investigated?
 I thought i would mention it on the list in case anyone would like to
pick up where i left off in the spring?
Take care
 Marc M.

> Here is a neat picture I took with the coil lighting a mercury vapor bulb.
> I think they sell these at the hardware store for less the $10.
>
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/P9290027.jpg
>
> Cool that the streamers were coming off the glass and were so straight at
> first.  I think I'll get on of these neat bulbs myself!
>
> We also cooked all kinds of things like these three CDs taped to the
toroid:

> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/P9290030.jpg
>
> Cheers,
>
> Terry

--------------EF068BAEF34A941A077985B7

begin:vcard
n:Metlicka;Marc
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Mem Builders;R & D
adr:;;6668 hyde rd.;windsor;Ohio;44099;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:mystuffs@orwell.net
title:Tech.
fn:Marc Metlicka