TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco.Denicolai@tellabs.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:29:43 +0300
Subject: RE: [TSSP] TOPV breakout threashoul

Hello all,

I recall Reukema was cited on:

Meek, Craggs (eds.), Electrical breakdown of gases, John Wiley & Sons,
1978.

I think the 17% was for uniform field. For not-uniform one (e.g.
point-plane) the breakdown lowering was about 50%. I haven't got the
book here right now :(

Just to have an idea, think to the Plank dissertation. If I got it
right, they were counting corona pulses as a mean to detect gas
mixtures. Humidity and applied voltage highly influenced the pulse
frequency. By just adding a DC component to applied voltage they were
able to change the breakdown characteristic and find a "plateau" where
the counting was almost independent from the previous factors and much
more usable for industrial purposes.

Best Regards

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs