TSSP: List Archives

From: Bert Hickman
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:24:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [TSSP] TOPV breakout threashoul

Marc,

Try this: when the safety gap fired it was because you had excessive
voltage stored on the tank cap (i.e., the triggered gap didn't fire
properly). And, when the safety gap fired, it discharged the tank cap
through the primary winding and through the two series resistors that
were part of the Terry filter (perhaps as an overdamped discharge?).
However, sufficient energy may have still been transferred to the
secondary to trigger a weak, but observable, discharge.

Anyway, that's my best guess...

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--