TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:41:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] TOPV breakout threashoul

Bert wrote:
> perhaps Tesla Coils are considered old ground -not suitable
> for new research.

Perhaps they have a reputation for being unpredictable.  If so,
then we can go a long way to putting that right.

> I think the time is ripe for applying a precision research
> Tesla Coil, TSSP theory/modeling, and simultaneous electrical/image
> captures to do some very solid long spark research!

Well said.   It would be nice to ask around a number of HV
laboratories to find out if they have a TC, and if so, what they
use it for, how big it is, what their problems with it are, etc.
Such a survey would clarify the picture and reveal if we have
anything to improve the situation.

Anyone want to volunteer?