TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:37:40 -0700
Subject: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi ALL,

There's a NEW program in the works. It's called F A N T C. It's "to be"
an online JavaScript program for ALL to use at their online-leisure.
This is not the sterio-typical design program. This is quite unique!

A brief history.

One month ago, a coiler used JavaTC. There was a problem calculating
Cself accurately with his particular coil. (JavaTC needed to pull in
Ces). Paul offered to write a script for Ces that I could embed. To make
a long story short, Paul added a few other tid-bits to the pile. It
didn't take long (2 or 3 emails) to figure out these functions deserved
their own front end. We decided it would be good to make this available
as an on-line program. I offered to do the interfacing of the
user-to-core functions. So, back and forth we went. Paul writing core
functions and myself writing the interface. It's at a point now where it
needs to be tested by someone other than the programmers. That's where
you guys come in.

Rather than try to define what FANTC is, let me give you some idea of
what it can do:

IT CAN!

* Find Fres, Ces, Cdc, Cee, Les, Ldc, Lee, Lm, K.
* Calculate the capacitance of multiple spheres, toroids, discs, and
cylinders, and coils, in free space, or in-situ with other components..
* Ability to change voltage profiles for secondary analysis (loaded,
bare, linear, DC).
* Calculate self and mutual inductances (ACMI is embedded).
* Calculate distributed reactances, effective lumped reactances, and
resonant frequencies.
* Calculate voltage and current profiles.
* Generate a drawing of the system components and  draw the voltage and
current graphs.

Well, you get the idea.

I really need everyones help to give it a good run through.
I've tested it on IE4 and Netscape 4. I suspect Opera and AOL would be
problematic (not sure).

I'll say nothing on how to use it - that would kind of defeat the
purpose of testing it.

Thanks guys,

Here's the URL:
http://www.classictesla.com/fantc/fantc.html